Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Is Cheaper Really Better?

After the phone call I received and the one hour conversation I had this morning, I just had to share this...

A bride was referred to me by a venue owner at the beginning of the year. I had a long conversation with her on the phone about her wants and needs for her wedding. We seemed to have clicked and she told me she just wanted to check with her fiance about a date and time to meet with me in person. A few days went by and I hadn't heard from her so I decided to follow up with a phone call. When I spoke to her, she very politely told me that she found someone else to coordinate her wedding CHEAPER. I kindly thanked her and gave my best wishes.

Fast forward about nine months...

I received a call this morning from the same bride. We spent an hour on the phone again discussing her wants and needs for her wedding, which is two months away now, and how she literally had to fire the other coordinator that she hired because she wasn't doing what she said she would. Long story short, we are meeting next Tuesday where we will sign the contract and she will book me for her wedding.

The point of this blog post is that you get what you pay for. I say this all the time, and this goes for all vendors (but that's another topic for another post). CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER. Period. While I don't find my services extremely high priced, I'm sure I'm not the "cheapest" either. I value the time that I put into coordinating a client's wedding. This could be anything from countless site visits to confirming those last minute details with every single vendor. Of course I try to be budget-friendly for everyone because I understand that we are in some tough times, but at the same time I won't underestimate the value in what I do. If you find someone else to coordinate your wedding at a fraction of what I charge, and you go on price alone, then for it. I hope you don't find yourself in the same situation as this particular bride, but if you do, I will be here with my professionalism and organizational skills to pick up the pieces.

Happy planning!
xo
Carisa

No comments:

Post a Comment