Monday, May 17, 2010

A Day at the Beach

I was lucky enough to spend the day at Lighthouse Park yesterday for the wedding of Kelly and Mark. They had a beautiful day! The ceremony was right on the beach with a lovely reception to follow at the Carousel.


The clouds came in around the ceremony time, but it cleared up and turned out to be a fantastic day! A bit breezy, but that's to be expected for a beach wedding. The day before was even windier, so luckily we just had to make it through the rehearsal on Saturday.


The bride made simple placecards and we held them down from the ocean breeze with colored pieces of seaglass. Very simple, yet elegant.


The table settings included homemade whoopie pie favors (from a place in the bride's hometown in PA), m&m's with the bride and groom's faces on them in colors to match the decorations (silver, pink and orange), beautiful orange gerbera daisy centerpieces, and light silver napkins. It was a buffet dinner so we did not put the plates on the table.


While I wish I could take credit for the entire room decorations, the only thing we added were the orange and silver paper lanterns (and I didn't even do it - my hubby did!). We did add the chair covers and bows though. FYI - if you are having any event at the Carousel, either bring in other chairs or cover the ones they have. They are not the prettiest.


The room really did look great. There was a lot of color added to make it POP! And that carousel is really just too cool!


This was one of the most amazing cakes I have ever seen! Totally designed by the bride and made by Cake Suite in Westport!

These are just some snapshots that I took. Professional pictures will be on my website as soon as I get them from the photographer.

1 comment: