Monday, August 6, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away...

I just want to take a minute to go on a little rant. The weather in New England is unpredictable and it drives me crazy when people plan outdoor events with no backup plan.

Please people, if you plan to have an outdoor wedding ceremony, PLEASE have a backup plan in case of rain. So many times I am hired as a day-of coordinator, so I don't have much involvement in the planning of the wedding, but I do try to give my advice and ask the proper questions. "What is your rain plan?" was one question that I had to ask recently. The response: "Umbrellas." This is not a rain plan. Therefore, lack of planning on their part led to chaos when it came time to set up for the ceremony and it was pouring outside, thus, more (unnecessary) work for us. I made a game-day decision and told the bride that the ceremony had to be held inside where the reception would take place, but this required a bit of time to set up on our part. So my girls and I hauled everything that needed to be set up to the reception site and started doing what we had to do to get a wedding started. It took a bit of time and the ceremony started a little later than planned, but we pulled it off and at the end of the night, the bride was thanking us for doing so. I even received a call the next day from the DJ about how he admired how hard we worked to make it happen. No one had said "that's not my job", we just did it. It was nice to have our hard work recognized by a fellow vendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment