Monday, August 20, 2012

What DO You Do?

"What DO you do?" is a question I get asked by vendors, brides, even my GRANDMOTHER.

I think a better question should be, "What DON'T you do?". But I'll start at the beginning...

Wedding Planner:
Yes, I have been referred to as a wedding planner (not THE wedding planner, as in J. Lo circa 2001). When I take on the wedding planner role, I walk through the entire process with a couple, from researching and choosing their ceremony and reception venues to their seating arrangements and everything in between. I keep them on schedule as far as what needs to be done and when, as well as track their deposits while sticking to their budget. I'm there for etiquette advice, to give my professional opinions, act as a third party mediator and friend.

Wedding Coordinator:
This is another title I have been given. This pertains more to the logistics of the wedding. So basically, I "coordinate" all those little details. What time are the flowers going to be delivered to the bride, church and reception? Who will be there to receive them? What time are the parent dances going to take place? Where and what time is the bride getting her hair and makeup done? Things like this all go into a very strategically planned timeline.

I have also been:
The dress fixer
The person to call the limo to come back when a bridesmaid left her purse inside
The decorator
Part of the catering staff
A server
The cleaner-upper
The dress bustler
The bouquet holder
The photographer's assistant
The DJ's assistant
The florist's assistant
The one guiding the bridal party as they walk into the reception
The corsage and boutonniere pinner
Problem-solver
Referee
The go-to person
The direction-giver
The phone-call-maker
The decision-maker

And finally and most importantly...

The friend. And so much more.

Basically, ANYTHING that the couple needs on the wedding day, I am there to take care of it. Don't let your wedding become one of the horror stories. Even if you don't feel that CR Socials Event Planning is right for you, at least interview other day-of coordinators for your big day. You'll be so glad that you did and when the time comes, you can just be the bride and say "I DO"!

Happy planning!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment