Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My First Wiccan Wedding - Chris & Crystal

Many of the weddings that I coordinate are "day of" coordination only. While I love ALL of my couples, I particularly enjoy working alongside them during some of the planning as well. That is one of the reasons I was so excited to work with Crystal and Chris. Not only were they seeking some creative expertise, but the wedding itself was much different than any I had done before - and I LOVED the thought of helping to plan this. Crystal and Chris practice the religion of Wicca. This is a nature-based religion and they wanted their wedding to reflect this. When Crystal first called me, she said that she had trouble not only finding a wedding planner to call her back, but if they did, they were unwilling to embrace their religion and the wedding that they wanted. I was surprised by this and immediately asked her if she wanted to meet to discuss her wants. They booked me at our first meeting and we got to work.  This was such a fun wedding to plan, so enjoy the pictures!

Once I had a little better understanding of the religion, I was able to get the creative juices flowing. It is a nature-based religion with the four main elements being water, air, earth and fire. In addition to the elements, they wanted to create a night forest theme. The colors that Crystal and Chris wanted to incorporate were blue, red, yellow, green, and black.

Chris's brother, a graphic designer, began the design of their save the date cards. He was unable to complete them, so my designer, Paul Ruocco, came in and finished them off.

He then designed the invitations to match.

They liked these so much that they asked if we could create place cards and table numbers to match. So Paul did.
Fire

Water

Earth

Air
And a menu card to match...
Photo by tarynallison.com

A friend of mine is getting into the cake business, so we met with her and told her that the couple was looking for four smaller cakes, each one to represent each element. This is what she came up with. They matched the table numbers perfectly!
Photo by tarynallison.com
Photo by tarynallison.com 
Photo by tarynallison.com

Photo by tarynallison.com
 Each table's centerpiece theme matched the table number. Here is an example. Table 6 was water, so we filled a bowl with marbles, water and a blue floralyte and surround the table with seashells.
Photo by tarynallison.com
Photo by tarynallison.com
The earth tables had a moss covered animal as the centerpieces. 

Photo by tarynallison.com
Photo by tarynallison.com
Air was colored bottles with peacock feathers in them.
Photo by tarynallison.com
Fire was a cluster of 3 red pillar candles on top of a mirror, surrounded by red gems.


Photo by tarynallison.com
Photo by tarynallison.com

Trees played a part in this wedding. Here is the place card tree that I made. I simply had the place cards that Paul designed printed, punched holes in them and tied them to curly willow with fishing wire. I am in love with these birch vases that I found on save-on-crafts.com so I used that as my tree trunk.
Photo by tarynallison.com
This is the arch that we lent to the couple and decorated as a surprise! We decorated it to fit with their theme (ivy leaves with butterflies and white lights to create an enchanted forest feel).

Photo by http://www.photographyct.com

Photo by http://www.photographyct.com

Photo by http://www.photographyct.com
Photo by http://www.photographyct.com
Photo by http://www.photographyct.com
Photo by http://www.photographyct.com

I had a blast with this wedding and I'm very thankful for clients like Crystal & Chris! Congratulations to them once again!

xo
Carisa

No comments:

Post a Comment